Ms. Mentor (or Emily Toth) writes an advice column in The Chronicle of Higher Education. In addition, once a year she nominates academic novels for summer reading (Ackies, i.e. Academic Novel Awards).
1. August 26, 2009 – A Novel Form of Revenge
2. June 3, 2010 – Is There a Cure for the Summertime Blues?
3. June 5, 2011 – Novel Academic Novels
4. June 11, 2012 – Novel Academic Novels: the Sequel
Frank Donoghue’s response to the article (June 12, 2012): http://chronicle.com/blogs/innovations/thoughts-on-ms-mentors-novel-academic-novels/32841
5. May 27, 2013 – Adjunct or Starving Artist? Should an M.F.A. trying to make it in her field accept an adjunct teaching job or take a break from academe?
More academe-related advice by Ms. Mentor can be found here.